14of 14
  • 251 messages
  • January 02, 2014 22:07
added
prices

I noticed the following:

http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/postzegels/landen-gebieds/sovjet-unie/1997229-agrarische-expositie/history

Why can someone change this image, so that you suddenly have a completely different seal?

I searched for the stamp, (and eventually) looked in the History, and then I saw that a completely different stamp has been made of it!

I don't think this is entirely the intention, and it has also been revised! Isn't it taken care of that it is "just" being revised, without realizing that it is a completely different stamp than originally introduced?

In any case, it's quite annoying when you're looking for a stamp (which has been ordered!) and I can't deliver now, because "someone" has changed the image, so I have items in my shop that I NEVER have for sale offered!

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 251 messages
  • January 02, 2014 22:12
added
prices

And then the question returns again: Why don't you automatically receive an email notification when someone changes an item, so that you can check whether my offer is still correct?

Now a stamp is being ordered, that I do not have, but due to a change of another, is in my shop!

I cannot deliver what has been ordered (and what I have never offered!) and the buyer cannot receive what he ordered because of this!

Show original message
  • 102 messages
  • January 02, 2014 22:33
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This is a very difficult one, the possibility to solve this program technically is not that easy, or you have to lock all items.

What you can do is, for example, upload your own photo. upload and use it for your shop or your collection, when entering a new item you can already add your photo to your collection

Show original message
  • 251 messages
  • January 02, 2014 22:42
added
prices

I can imagine that this is difficult to realize, but what strikes me is that someone can "just" place a completely different stamp (not a better photo/scan) but just a completely different stamp!

And that an administrator reviews and approves this too!

How do you get a completely incorrect catalog and incorrect offer? In this way, someone can completely change the offer of others, so that shops are no longer reliable in their offer!

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • January 03, 2014 07:41
added
prices
reviews

Well to find a cause now is difficult for me but I am afraid that the input of the original stamp has been very brief and when I look at the title it is also difficult to trace.

I do not know the reason that only the image is changed twice, but that person can explain that.

It is correct that the data is adjusted to the data as it is there. to the history.

The fact that the data is then updated as it is there again and the catalog is looked at is correct.

Automatic notification of changes to the adjusters, sellers, seekers and collectors will be very nice and also desired by me.

Show original message
  • 326 messages
  • January 03, 2014 11:09
added
prices
reviews
Dear Johan, as you may or may not have seen, I am the administrator of the Soviet Union and it is quite possible that I made a mistake. If you would like to write to me personally about this seal, we will find out together.
Show original message
  • 251 messages
  • January 03, 2014 23:43
added
prices

@Elizabeth,

I am not directly concerned with this stamp, but mainly with the fact that others can change my offer by simply scanning in another stamp and placing it.
After all, you can also create a new item for this, but now I have already been unable to deliver stamps that were ordered from me several times, simply because someone else has changed an item so that I have an offer in my shop, which I never offered!

@Robamse

The info is indeed limited, I don't know much about those countries/stamps either.
That information is supplemented or improved is also fine by me, please!

So what matters to me in this is that stamps are ordered from me, which I don't have (and have never offered) simply because someone suddenly places a different scan of a completely different stamp!

Show original message
  • 326 messages
  • January 03, 2014 23:50
added
prices
reviews
well that is indeed not the intention, and it is logical that you would receive a message about this, automatically or not., the example you cite is more than two years old, it is difficult to find out exactly what happened here. in general: if you see something like this, write personally to the person concerned who changed it, because it is obvious that it is not intended to me.
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • January 04, 2014 10:32
added
prices
reviews

it is not necessary to write the person concerned, the administrator should never have approved it. Changing an item into another item is completely out of the question. This is never allowed and an administrator must be aware of this and therefore disapprove it. This applies to every section.

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • January 04, 2014 16:54
added
prices
reviews

Yes, we are still a bit behind on this one with regard to stamps.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • January 04, 2014 17:21
added
prices
reviews

comfort you, even with the books about 170,000 items ... in no time

Show original message
  • 251 messages
  • January 04, 2014 20:57
added
prices

well that is indeed not the intention, and it is logical that you would receive a message about this, whether or not automatically., the example you cite is more than two years old, it is difficult to find out what exactly happened here, but in general: if you see something like this, write the person in question who changed it personally, because it is not intended is obvious to me

That it has been a long time, that is possible, but I do not check all my offered items daily or weekly.

I see this change so now that the stamp (which was originally there) has been ordered from me, while the buyer is based on the currently depicted stamp.
This leads to problems with orders.

You also see in the history that an administrator has been updated, and the change has therefore been approved. And I don't understand that at all, because in this way shops become completely unreliable, because items are ordered that have never been placed in shops, and the correct supply disappears in this way.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • January 07, 2014 15:44
added
prices
January 07, 2014 15:44

It may be assumed that an image of another stamp has been entered here up to 2 times and then approved. That said, the question arises whether you should include a generic image in your shop as well.

According to the input instruction, the idea is that neat scans of MNH - how to see that from the front a stamp is MNH remains a mystery to me - stamps. If you were to enter an image of a canceled stamp and then someone entered an image of an unused stamp, you would have a somewhat similar situation. In that case, the image would have rightly been changed.

Maybe that's why it makes sense to always enter a scan of the stamp in your shop separately.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • January 07, 2014 15:53
added
prices
reviews

Unfortunately, that functionality is not yet there. Only if you add an item yourself, you can also include that photo of the item in your shop or collection at the same time, but not the photo from CW if it is already present in CW.

And not every collector will scan if they are already in CW, that's the power of CW, you don't have to, but in the case outlined that would be welcome.

So make a suggestion for the site.

Show original message
14of 14