20of 20
  • 16 messages
  • December 03, 2013 00:10
December 03, 2013 00:10

From this stamp

http: / /www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/postzegels/landen-gebied/nederland/553215-tien-voor-nederland

I have a copy of which the colors are not right. It is yellow on my specimen between the legs of the cow and between the blades of grass. The numbers 44 are also filled with yellow (where it should actually be white). How is such an error normally reported, if this error is not yet known? I can't find this error anywhere ...

Thank you in advance.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • December 03, 2013 00:30
December 03, 2013 00:30
  • 332 messages
  • December 03, 2013 14:42

Nothing wrong!

Shifted yellow printing and falls within the margins that the printer has to meet.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • December 04, 2013 14:16
December 04, 2013 14:16

Reinbakhuizenvd,

Thank you for your short and concise answer....

By the way, I assume you are aware that some people, like myself, are new to philately?

Yet I wonder why some errors, for example stamps with just 1 point too much, do not fall within the margins..

Show original message
  • 332 messages
  • December 04, 2013 17:34

Fill-Cart,

the first lesson in philately you MUST learn is that

the association of WRONG and DEVIATION with MONEY leads to NOTHING and should be banned and forgotten as soon as possible.l

Philately is FUN, extremely FUN and at most makes you richer in spirit!

If you have other ambitions then another hobby is recommended.

Philately is about discovering structure, regularity...

Errors and deviations have NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with philately.

Regards, Rein

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • December 04, 2013 19:54
added
prices
reviews

Those are wise words from the stamp guru.

Personal ideas are appreciated but nothing more.

Show original message
az60
VIP
  • 1,244 messages
  • December 04, 2013 21:30
added
info pages
reviews

Rob,

Vul-Kar indicates that he is new in the field of philately. Rein gives his vision. That's fine. Not everyone has to think the same about this. I gather from your reaction that you think differently about it yourself. Please indicate in your response how you feel about it. Then every (starting) collector can determine his own path. That only makes the forum more interesting.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 04, 2013 21:42
added
prices
reviews

RobAmse never intends to make any positive comments, not now and never, wondering when he will stop making stupid comments like this that serve no purpose.

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • December 05, 2013 13:26
added
prices
reviews

@Morits

If I start posting again, I will report this to you first.

Please continue with these comments. It even makes me sleep better.

It turns out that you have nothing better to do and this should make you very happy.

The level of administrator drops significantly.

The fact that the many comic book administrators respond to the stamps indicates how exciting the stamp section is.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • December 05, 2013 15:03
added
prices
info pages
reviews

People who want to promote the pigeonhole spirit on Catawiki, should perhaps take a moment to ask themselves whether that is really the right way to a bright future.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • December 05, 2013 20:55
December 05, 2013 20:55

Goddamn people,

No wonder philatelists are a dying race. The youth is already startled at the mere hearing and seeing of the conversations between philatelists themselves! When I read the various topics on this forum, I am shocked by the social skills of some. Sorry to say so.

@Rein,

You have stamp collectors and stamp dealers. Everyone their own thing. I do not need to be lectured about the association of errors etc. with money.

My question was therefore only about why one deviation is classified as an error and the other is not. Unfortunately, I don't see an answer to this question in the responses.

Too bad. Such a first impression for a philatelist to be. Chapeau!

Greetings

Show original message
  • 332 messages
  • December 05, 2013 21:03

Fill-Cart,

My first response was exactly the answer you needed ...

My second answer concerns your question why there is an error or an error at all. discrepancy should exist.

Both answers are useful for a philatelist "to be"! Incidentally, without an accent!

Greetings, Rein

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • December 05, 2013 21:17
December 05, 2013 21:17

Clean,

My last reply was also about my second question. It may be just me, but I still don't understand why a shifted yellow print falls within the margins, but a tiny minuscule dot, which can actually only be seen with my otoscope or microscope.

Incidentally, it is with umlaut at all, so anyway. (German loanword).

Greeting.

Show original message
  • 332 messages
  • December 06, 2013 00:20

Fill-Cart,

I ever got into the biggest fight here when it came to being able to introduce diacritics ... Hence my reluctance to start again ...

Plate errors are not about tiny dots, but about the question of whether they are plate errors, systematic errors or printing coincidences ...

Shifted print is normally just such a print coincidence as a baking and frying splash. ..

Greetings, Rein

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • December 06, 2013 13:55
December 06, 2013 13:55

Dear Rein,

Although the stamp in question is a coincidence, I think the stamp will work fine in my collection. Whether the stamp is unique in this form will remain a mystery to me for the time being. However, this only makes collecting more exciting and fun.

In any case, thank you for your clear explanation.

Vr.gr. Ted

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • December 15, 2013 14:24
December 15, 2013 14:24

Hi Vul-kar,

Here also a collector of plate / printing errors.

My experience with stamp collectors is that the people are very friendly and helpful. But the response to a very normal question of yours makes no sense. That reaction from Reinbakhuizenvd is completely degrading and absolutely not stimulating to continue with this. If you read this like this and you are not strong in your shoes, you would think I will stop stamping right away. But please just ignore this kind of complete nonsense comments

Do you know the plate errors association de Plaatfout. Especially for plate errors enthusiasts.

http://www.plaatfout.org/

As for your question why some do and some don't:

often completely arbitrary on the part of the creators of the catalogue.

Recently showed four full albums to both creators of record errors catalogues. One will be included and the other will not be included in the new catalog.

To be included in the catalog there are a few requirements that must be met:

1) about a 5 * presence of the same error new error

2) can be found in the complete stamp sheets

3) clearly identify the error

If you want to talk to me further, you can do so by email.

Another tip for a website:

http://www.plaaterrors.net/

Here you can also find additional new plate errors that are not yet in the catalog via the search function.

Show original message
  • 332 messages
  • December 15, 2013 15:25

Anyone who has just learned to skate may be under the illusion that he will one day become a Sven Kramer... The fact that there are still years of training and hard work involved does not detract from the fact that there must also be a talent present. to be.,

In philately it's not much different - you can collect what you want and how you want it, that's all fine - but the moment you venture into philately and you do that by shouting here in the forum as a misprint or by wanting to enter a stamp or something like that in CataWikiPz then requirements are made of you. Whether you like it or not!

Importing new items without any knowledge of the matter only results in hours of annoyance and improvement work for the volunteers of CWPZ who feel responsible for the quality!

Misprints and misprints are catchphrases from the local ice rink atmosphere! Plate errors are already a part of Heerenveen, but there is also a lot of ignorance in that area.

The plate errors person is about:

A plate defect is caused by a deviation on the printing plate (Cliche, etc). This deviation can therefore be found in the same stamp (position) in every printed sheet. If the deviation is present from the start, we call this a primary error, if the deviation occurs during printing, we call it a secondary error. To be included in the overview of PLAATERFOUTEN.NET, the plate defect must be clearly visible to the naked eye

Big bullshit!

There is no deviation! Something is printed or not that was not included in the original drawing/design. This can occur once or several times on the printing form (and then there is often a systematic description of where this happens). That 1x on the printing form may already have happened during the production of the printing form - dust/thread on the film and photomechanically copied - or somewhat later as a kind of damage. When this has happened can NEVER be determined with certainty. So not even if it was there from the start! Primary or secondary is tertiary nonsense...

The printing sheet is usually larger than a counter sheet or a block. If there are two counter sheets on the printing sheet, a feature can always be on position 87, at least with 1 of the 2 sheets! The feature never occurs on the other.

If there are 18 blocks on a printing sheet [or printing cylinder] and a feature is on block 13 then that feature is not on all those 17 other blocks . When Wim Mast talks about a partial edition of the Beatrix stamps in blocks of 5, then this is just nonsense! The feature may have been there all along! So no sharing! Quite apart from the fact that with a print order it is quite possible that one had to change printing formes in the meantime [due to wear and tear, gross damage] and then such a feature is indeed only present in part of the print run [print order]. And if a little too much is printed on a print order, the printer has a buffer that he can use for a follow-up order. And if new printing material was needed for that follow-up assignment.... And then suddenly an old characteristic pops up!

In short, reconstructing the printing history is a fun activity with many pitfalls, and the features clearly visible to the eye only play a very limited role. It is often the minimal dots or dots that systematically recur that can tell the story.

Anyway that was towards philately and that is not everyone's piece of cake!

Show original message
  • 1,276 messages
  • December 22, 2013 11:52
added
prices
info pages

Knowledge is "power"

But transferring knowledge is quite an art.

Sincerely,

Micho Rooseboom, a collector

Show original message
  • 332 messages
  • December 22, 2013 14:12

Michael,

words of a wise man!

Knowledge transfer requires the interaction of at least two. A forum like this isn't exactly suitable for interaction... More 1--way traffic.

You may be from a generation that has not yet been ruined by the zap culture, that has an attention span of at least half an hour, that has not yet learned from the management gurus that everything has to fit on 1 A4 sheet, that has learned to swim in the deep and not in the baby bath... In short, he sees that the real world of Wikipedia [including the philatelic treatises often presented there] is still light years further than the Wikicatapz....

Regards, Rein

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • December 22, 2013 16:05
added
prices
reviews

I am again happy with this contribution.

It clarifies a lot.

My knowledge has expanded again.

Please never leave us Rein.

What else that will be a loss.

Show original message
20of 20