3of 3
  • 15 messages
  • November 15, 2013 16:34
added
prices
November 15, 2013 16:34

I have recently been able to place some orders but I have to get used to this site.

One seller registered quite quickly with an invoice for ordered goods while the other agreed days before he / they wish to proceed with the transaction. Likewise, such a seller again allows days to agree before CW sends a message that my goods have been shipped. I now know how to find the status of my orders myself! No help needed !!

I have assumed that buying via CW works just like a webshop and not an auction like bidding with eBay or Qoop. Purchased is bought right?

And now my question - who is ultimately responsible for sending the purchased objects? There is no option on my paid via Internet Banking invoice given for registered mail and only € 2.40 has been charged which means letterbox mail and nothing insured or traceable. Here and there on this Forum I have read that "the seller always remains responsible whether the article and properly delivered ". Does this mean that I (a) my fully paid amount will be refunded to my bank account or (b) the purchased items will be replaced and the shipment sent again?

and yes - I now have two messages immediately to sent to the seller regarding the items not yet received (2 weeks after the date of shipment)

At eBay my purchase is protected (a) by a Paypal payment and (b) by my credit card linked to Paypal. However, bank payments on eBay are NOT protected or I am required to pay an additional 4% by a Dutch seller !!

How does Catawiki work? Like Marktplaats, which is just a forum where a buyer meets a seller? Or is it a collection of online stores that fall under the consumer law?

Well - such a newbee is difficult with its questions !!! And yet I would like to hear from someone how buying via CW works.

Greetings, Sue

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • November 15, 2013 16:43
added
prices

Buying in the shops are actually all small web shops in Catawiki

where delivery should be of course

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • November 15, 2013 17:03
added
prices
info pages

Apart from the fact that items here can only be offered at a fixed price, the interaction between buyer and seller is similar to Marktplaats.nl.

How much service you can demand from a "shop" is depending on whether you are dealing with a professional seller or a private collector. Shops with a Pro icon are professionals with a Chamber of Commerce number and associated obligations under consumer legislation.

When purchasing from collectors, you should actually expect the same service (or perhaps more, because they are more often also enthusiasts), but this is largely at the risk of the buyer.

Since the advent of the Internet, a large gray area has emerged with semi-professional traders and occasional sellers, of which only a small minority does not care much about what is legally required, let alone what is decent.

Catawiki does not interfere with the transaction in any of the cases.

Show original message
3of 3