10of 10
  • 2 messages
  • November 07, 2013 11:41
November 07, 2013 11:41
Hello, I will introduce myself I am kimberly, 21 years old and have little experience with stamps The reason I open this topic is to ask for help from people who do have the knowledge that I lack When my grandfather passed away I have an album with stamps inherited most of the stamps in it are from disney. My grandfather was quite chaotic in the last period of their life and so he put a number of other stamps between the Disney stamps. I have stamps that I cannot find on the internet or that are not yet for sale, and I also have first newspapers both Dutch and German which I also cannot find. I also have whole sheets with stamps that are still completely intact. I also have a bag full of German stamps and Dutch stamps with the guilder still mentioned. I am looking for someone who can help me with an appraisal or can help me find someone who can. I also don't know if I am getting rid of them but if I can help someone looking for a stamp for their collection I would think about it. I hope someone can help me. Best regards, Kimberly.
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • November 07, 2013 21:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Kimberly, stamp collecting is a party (says this freak).

Take a stamp from your grandfather's collection and add it to your own collection here in Catawiki, you will gradually receive specific questions where we can help.

With this potpourie of questions we can do nothing, ask one single question at a time and make it as clear as possible and with all the information you have.

Then we will do our best to help you during your wonderful journey through philately that your grandfather enjoyed after all.

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • November 07, 2013 21:28
November 07, 2013 21:28
Hi, I'll go see how to do that tomorrow. Today I sorted everything out a bit, thank you anyway.
Show original message
  • 55 messages
  • November 09, 2013 07:58

Join sinbad.

I can tell you that Disney is a popular theme to collect.

In the Netherlands, it depends on how old and in what condition.

Unfortunately I have to tell you that when you see list prices, you should assume that many stamps will also yield less, unfortunately. Unless there is something rare in between, of course.

Show original message
  • 55 messages
  • November 10, 2013 12:19

Hmm profile no longer exists .... No love for collecting after all?

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • November 11, 2013 00:20
November 11, 2013 00:20

Then I also have a question.

I also have a stamp album from my father. With stamps from before 1935. I have already searched a lot and put them in my collection. But how do I determine the price if I want to put them up for sale? The list price is far too high I see, but I don't think getting people to bid is possible. Can I let you know that I want to sell without mentioning a price? Can others view my collection?

Show original message
  • 55 messages
  • November 11, 2013 07:27

Hello,

to determine the prices you should indeed not start from the list prices.

what I always do is look where the stamps for sale here. After all, people see your stamp here among those other prices, and it doesn't make much sense to be much more expensive.

I also do that 'market research' on other sites when I offer something for sale there.

You can only sell without price on Catawiki through auction. We can of course see your collection.

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • November 12, 2013 20:15
November 12, 2013 20:15

I'm also new and I'm quietly busy picking up my old hobby, and building up a bit!

Don't want to come across as blonde and yet I've had a question for a long time:

Often I come across abbreviations PM1 and PM especially with more expensive stamps, would someone be kind to tell me what this abbreviation means?

Thanks

David/Avram

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • November 16, 2013 16:17
November 16, 2013 16:17

Another question from a newcomer.

I managed to find single stamps in the catalog. But that's a lot of work.

I have now scanned entire pages of my loose-leaf stamp book. Can I also add these to my collection? Eg per country? How do I do that. I can only find additions via the catalog.

Can I then possibly. Put entire pages up for sale or put up for auction?

greetings Daphne

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • November 17, 2013 12:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Unfortunately Daphne,

it is still a lot of work, because (postz) hedgehogs have to be added to your Collection one by one. What you can do is select multiple (post) stamps that you have and then choose Bulk Add to Collection. That is the bottom blue button on the left side of the list of (post) stamps.

CataWiki does have the option to have the pages entered for you against payment, of course (the sun rises for nothing) . They don't do this themselves, but they recommend a few partners who can do it for you.

If you want to sell them, you can just show the pages in the stamp auction. You don't have to show them individually there. It is useful to still indicate links to the stamp in CataWiki, because that is useful for potential buyers to know more about the (post) stamps. However, it is not mandatory (:()

The scans of the pages are also useful for placing multiple stamps in your Shop at the same time, make sure that the correct stamps are on 1 sheet. in your shop you can also post images other than the ones in the Catalog

Regarding the prices, I cannot help you. I am also only a collector and user of CataWiki (and not the administrator of the ( Post) stamp heading)

I hope it helps you.

Show original message
10of 10