5of 5
  • 3 messages
  • November 04, 2013 10:18
added
prices
November 04, 2013 10:18

Hey everyone,

I have already placed a lot of stamps on my shop on Catawiki and sold a lot.
The stamps I have listed on my shop as "MNH" have a nice back and if not, I've marked them as unused and noted if there is anything wrong with the stamp.

I have been collecting the Netherlands for years and also got my uncle's collection, but I would like to sell the stamps that are "MNH".
Now I was wondering if they are really MNH. The original gum is still on the back, they all still shine, only occasionally there is a sticker or adhesive residue on the back. But has not been on an envelope or anything like that. Yesterday I put a number of stamps in my shop as "MNH" but with a comment on the stamps that have a sticker or adhesive residue on the back.

Did I do the right thing or should I sell these stamps as unused? If I start deviating them I think the original gum will come off, or is that not the case?

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Stelios

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • November 04, 2013 16:47
added
prices
November 04, 2013 16:47

Hi Stelios,

Among stamp collectors, stamps with an adhesive or adhesive residue are considerably less "worth" than real "MNH" (unused stamps with the undamaged original eraser from the postal service). Sometimes this is indicated with stars (*). Some indicate this by means of three stars *** which means: MNH with undamaged eraser and with two stars ** unused but with glue or glue residue, so damaged gum!

But again that applies to the stamps issued before the war (1940) are viewed differently. The special NVPH catalog includes three value columns, namely the first column indicates the value for MNH stamps, the second for unused stamps (so with adhesive residue or without gum!) And the third column indicates the value for (genuine) ) used stamps.

For "canceled stamps" you can also make a distinction between used stamps and stamps that have been canceled without the post having done a service for it.

Greetings

Peter44

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • November 04, 2013 16:57
added
prices
November 04, 2013 16:57

Dear Pieter44,

Thank you for the comprehensive answer! Is it wise to declare stamps that I want to sell through Catawiki before 1940 with hinged as MNH, stating that there is a sticker on it, or as unused?

Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • November 04, 2013 17:14
added
prices
November 04, 2013 17:14

Hello Stelios,

For the pre-1940 stamps that are unused and have a patch or patch residue, you should state as unused.

MNH therefore means at all times that the original eraser is still pristine on the back of the stamp.

Greetings

Pieter44

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • November 04, 2013 17:17
added
prices
November 04, 2013 17:17

Dear Pieter44,

Thank you! I will adjust it immediately!

Greetings,

Stelios

Show original message
5of 5