Miris
SUPER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 254 messages
  • July 01, 2013 21:03
added
prices
reviews

Birds is the most collected theme or motif. It is estimated that there are approximately 30,000 stamps with birds on them. About 15,000 were imported to Catawiki on July 1, 2013. Most of them have an image of a MNH stamp. Catawiki has a few very active bird collectors. They have the objective that by 2014 almost all stamps with birds have been entered into Catawiki with images of MNH stamps.

If you are a collector of stamps with birds on them and you want to help to import stamps, but have you don't like the MNH images? To save you the trouble of scanning stamped stamps, send the member MIRIS - Manager of the Birds Theme, a message with the country, year and Michel or Gibbons number of the stamps you want to enter. The scans will come to you within a few days.

Do you want to contribute to the Bird Theme in a different way or do you have suggestions on how to achieve the objective faster. Just contact the member MIRIS.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 05, 2013 20:43
added
prices
reviews

This weekend the limit of 16,000 birds in Catawiki will be broken. Who will help from 16,000 to 17,000? I can take care of the images.

Do you have a theme that you want to bring to large numbers? Report it on the forum and we will organize it.

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 07, 2013 09:02
added
prices
reviews

Stand at 7 July 16051 imported Birds . Was at 10,000 in December 2012.

In addition, many stamped and images with large black border or photographed images replaced.

On average now 1000 per month with MNH image.

We now do this with three active bird collectors. If you want to participate to get all approximately 27,000 entered, please contact me. I will take care of the scans, can you enter them further.

Would you like to get other themes complete? Please contact me and I will gladly help you organize it.

Miris

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • July 07, 2013 23:00
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Dear Miris,

Congratulations on the great effort and thank you for your huge contribution to CataWiki. It is the intention that the importer has the stamps himself and therefore also places images of his own copy in the Catalog and his collection if he is not there. Sending the images is therefore not actually the intention of CataWiki. If you have so many images, why not enter them yourself? If you do not have them, then you should not enter them and someone else should not use images that are not his or her.

Of course we go for a Catalog that is as complete as possible, but also for a Catalog that has been entered as completely correctly as possible. To do that, one must own the seal (s). Why wouldn't such a person post his own version?

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • July 07, 2013 23:03
added
prices
reviews

What does that mean again. Larie cake.

If I want to enter a collection of an acquaintance, then I have the stamps at that moment and that's what it's all about.

Copying from other sources is prohibited.

And always that pedantic tone of other managers does not do any good either.

If everyone wants to stick to their own toko now, please.

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • July 07, 2013 23:34
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Disney is not completely wrong, however. Things like perforation, type of paper, printing technique, luminescence and so on are not something you are going to get out of a sent scan. So the chance of incorrect and incomplete input does increase. And that cannot be compared to entering items that you have physically borrowed.
Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • July 07, 2013 23:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews
If everyone now wants to stick to their own shop, please, and you are completely wrong there! CataWiki is for everyone and a forum is for asking questions, discussing problems or making other statements. Anyone who has registered with CataWiki may and can respond to it. The forum is divided into different collection categories, so you can post your message in the correct category. That way, people who are interested or specialized in it can respond to it as quickly as possible. It was not intended to appear pedantic, it was only intended as a comment on the rules for the use of images. completeness is not wrong, but the completeness and correctness of the input is more important. For example, it will certainly happen that there is a (post) stamp that you know exists, but nobody has (and entered) it yet. Then someone who does not have that seal, but does not have a scan, cannot enter it after all.
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 08, 2013 00:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

his own toko

What is that ... my 'own toko'? I don't think I understand you, Rob.

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 08, 2013 06:17
added
prices
reviews

Rob, thank you for protecting this thread to keep the focus on the topic of stamps and the theme of birds.

It's great that the Bird Theme is a trending topic at Stamps.

However, it is no longer about a theme, birds or stamps. .

This causes the bird stamp collectors to drop out of this thread ......

My request is to move the dialog about the images to a new topic in the Appointments category about adding data, where it belongs .. I mention the topic ` `Enter together``

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 08, 2013 06:26
added
prices
reviews

Do we also have to code stylized birds on a stamp, often drawings of which you cannot see which bird it is about, under the theme birds?

There is a separate section stylized birds. Sit here and now only 300 in. There are now a lot of stylized birds placed under the general theme birds.

What do the bird collectors think of this?

Show original message
az60
VIP
  • 1,191 messages
  • July 08, 2013 13:26
added
info pages
reviews

@ Miris

I believe the stylized birds are not included. We find the same noise in many animal categories. In addition to stylized animals, we see stuffed animals, cartoon characters, cartoon animals and television characters. I let them out. But I can imagine that if you only save giraffes or elephants, you also save the less lifelike images. I think there should be separate sections for this. But not entering these stamps in animal categories is not in accordance with the rules for importing. A task for the administrators?

In practice it is not too bad. The search hardly takes any more time, except perhaps in Hungary with a large number of Turul birds (mythical, non-existent). Perhaps it makes more sense to create more rubrics to speed up the search. Furthermore, a number of stylized birds are starting to look very realistic, while a good number of realistic images are so bad that they seem stylized. So there is a large twilight zone. They are difficult to place.

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 08, 2013 13:31
added
prices
reviews

Thank you for your substantive and constructive good input. I'll get back to your suggestion and comments.

Show original message
  • 2,122 messages
  • July 08, 2013 15:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This time I will stick to my own shop.

; -P

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • July 09, 2013 19:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I also have my own shop on Catawiki, but it is temporarily closed.

But DisneyMeentwijc wasn't talking about the shops of Miris and RobArmse, was it?

These are your toko's and there you are the Keke (owner).

http://www.catawiki.nl/shops/Miris

http://www.catawiki.nl/shops/RobAmse

And what RobArmse refers to as his toko (the entire stamp department) Mmm so I and many co-fillers of ''Keke'' RobArmse's toko are free shelf stockers, Rene knows that you as a squatter have occupied part of his website, or do you pay your rent properly?, I hope you slowly understand that the comment ''own toko'' when you talk about the stamp department is a bit scary and narcissistic and borders on unrealistic delusions of grandeur.

I hope that when you come to your senses a bit and are back on earth you apologize to DisneyMeentwijc for this totally screwed up smear, DisneyMeentwijc deserves better, to be sent out of a shop by someone who is not de Keke (Toko owner since we speak Malay anyway) is

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 09, 2013 19:46
added
prices
reviews

The subject here is Theme Birds.

Sinbad, if you want a Theme Toko on stamps, I will mention it in another subject on the stamp form: about "thems on stamps that could grow "

But a request for Tokos on stamps as a separate Theme? Do you have them with the comics?

We can create these if we started issuing all opened Toko's own personal stamps. With the many borrowed Tokos you can have a collection of 1000-den stamps.

Or do you mean Tucan as a separate Theme within birds inside. There are theme collectors who only collect red dogs, falcons, pigeons, kingfishers, etc. We can find out the list of special themes within Birds on this forum.

Bird collectors which do you like to see as a separate theme?

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • July 10, 2013 08:17
added
prices
reviews

Toko means Shop, Business, Company, Etc

So Sinbad means he stays with his own Shop, Collection, ...............

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • July 10, 2013 12:28
added
prices
info pages

Irony is often lost on forums.

(wink emoticon)

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • July 10, 2013 14:20
added
prices
reviews

Birds is the most collected theme or motif.

I think it is very simple.

The terms 'theme' and 'motif' are often used interchangeably and that does not seem to me to be correct.

The MOTIF birds only belong to 'real' birds.

The THEME birds in much broader terms.

However, the philatelic difference between 'theme' and 'motif' is not made clear on Catawiki,

A nice example with horses:

A stamp with the Trojan horse or a rocking horse or a mosaic of a horse belong to the theme horses, but not to the motif horses.

A seal with Henry Ford or the image of a Wankel engine are part of the theme cars, not with the motif cars.

Perhaps what is now called 'theme' at Catawiki should be renamed 'motif'.

Or even better: theme as the motif.

The 'motif' collector is the collector who used to be disparagingly (and incorrectly) called 'picture collector' and of whom the thematic collector liked to distinguish himself by of stamps told 'a story'.

So you can think differently about it, that does not alter the fact that it may be useful - certainly as long as there is no A distinction is made between theme and motif - to start from a broad definition, certainly because there are always peripheral or doubtful cases.

The collector is quite capable of making his own decisions based on his own criteria. whether or not something should be included in his thematic or motif collection.

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 10, 2013 20:01
added
prices
reviews

thanks eric,

Good substantive contribution. We can do something about that on the forum.

Follow-up: (below can also be done for Flora, for example)

Animals (Fauna) is a Theme Layer 1

For example, part of the Theme Animals Layer 2 is

Birds, Butterflies, Fishes, Reptiles, etc..

For example, part of the Theme Birds Layer 3

Stylized birds, Seagulls, Birds of prey, Songbirds etc ..

For example, part of the Theme Birds of Prey Layer 4

Falcons, Owls, Eagles (This four part layer is not available on Catawiki..)

This way you can create layers for many types of themes (Vehicles, Cars, German Cars, BMWs)

In my opinion, every collector decides for himself when he compiles his collection in which layer a theme is given the name motif.

For entering and searching, the awareness of the existence of 4 layers (themes / motif) is important to know.

If a stamp with a parrot is entered by someone with the theme parrot and not with birds and animals, a bird or animal searcher will not find this stamp. (similar examples I come across a lot)

It would be nice if you encoded a seal with the theme parrot, that the seal would automatically be encoded with the layers above it. So the system also places it under birds or animals.

(I think the Catawiki team could put all the birds under animals at once!)

Otherwise it will be difficult. A penguin coded only under the animals theme will be missed by the bird and penguin collector. Automatically lowering will not work. That will be a matter of knowledge transfer and information and many administrator corrections .....

Would it be an idea to make a separate handbook for efficient coding of themes if there is enough interest? And also in English?

Who's hooking up? Make it a separate topic on the forum?

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • July 10, 2013 20:33
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Who's hooking up? Make it a separate topic on the forum?

Applying more layers to the theme field is one of the adjustments we are brainstorming about within Catawiki. This is catalog wide and therefore better to become a general discussion.

The kick-off was taken by Miris. Who gives the first pass on subforum Suggestions for the site ?

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 10, 2013 20:55
added
prices
reviews

http: //forum.catawiki .en / forums / 35-suggestions-for-the-site / topics / 12213-multilayer-in-theme-field

I have created a separate topic under general.

That is the second trending topic that goes a separate way ..

http://forum.catawiki.nl/forums/195-afspraken-about-add-data/topics/12201-together-input

This one is about "entering together"

Then this topic can continue to focus on Motif Birds Stamps and release even more.

Show original message
az60
VIP
  • 1,191 messages
  • July 10, 2013 23:35
added
info pages
reviews

I think it is better to have the discussion on the general forum as well as on the stamp forum. Here I can respond more substantively. Because this proposal does not tackle all problems. First of all, 4 layers is not enough. The first layer should be:

Nature

subdivided into e.g. plants, animals, minerals, nature conservation and just think further. There is also something added at the bottom. For example, analogous to Miris's proposal, you can subdivide layer 3 stylized birds (now layer 4) into birds of prey and below that the layer of eagles. That's already 6 layers. I also think that's fine.

Furthermore, this proposal does not address Erik's comments. Now, for example, you get a subdivision in layer 2 for fish (already layer 3 with me). You can classify by 'families' such as sharks, caropers and seahorses, but a theme collector may also want to house anglers, fishing vessels, kingfishers, seals, ospreys, fish-eating bats, fish dishes, plankton as fish food, constellation fish and much more. . For a motif collector, who only expects types of fish here, it does not get any clearer.

So I think first of all a separation based on theme and motif, with both a structure in layers, where you get a nice, consistent construction needs more than 4 layers.

I also have some comments on the mentioned layouts, but those are the finishing touches.

Show original message
  • 787 messages
  • July 11, 2013 02:44
July 11, 2013 02:44

@Miris and other admins

This discussion has already been addressed about a year ago.

See: Administrators General / Topic List

For me no objection to posting this on the general forum, as it concerns everyone.

Show original message
az60
VIP
  • 1,191 messages
  • July 14, 2013 15:07
added
info pages
reviews

And so the discussion ends. (?). Everyone has withdrawn to their shop. The bird has flown, but has not laid its egg.

@Tapir

You are talking about an administrator forum. I didn't know that existed. I assume that the information here is not accessible to the many volunteers who are not administrators. But it would be useful to communicate the outcome of that discussion. That may be a final conclusion, but okay the divided opinions. By making this known, we do not have to have the discussion again and you give the discussion a boost.

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • July 14, 2013 18:51
added
prices
reviews

day Az60.

There is no referencing to a private forum. But just to the general forum. So for all toko's.

Second, the bird has certainly not flown. But as indicated, this continues in a separate topic on the general form.

. http://forum.catawiki.nl/forums/35-suggesties-voor-de-site/topics/12213-meerdere-lagen-in-themaveld

Show original message
Go to page
25of 72