23of 23
  • 35 messages
  • November 09, 2012 10:23

Hello, I'm new to this forum and it's all still searching, I've been collecting stamps for many years: Belgium and birds from all over the world.

I don't really like to sell, so now my question, are there people on this forum who want to exchange stamps? Perhaps this is in contradiction with Catawiki, which is a sales site? Most duplicates are from birds all over the world, loose stamps and series,

Regards Will

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 326 messages
  • November 11, 2012 01:08
added
prices
reviews

Hi will9,

Of course you can also exchange, but it is somewhat difficult to indicate on the site yes. some have it in their shop that they also want to exchange.

unfortunately I have no interest in bird stamps myself, and given my and your area of interest, I don't think we can do 'business'.

maybe exchanging is not done much at all among stamp collectors, I don't know

good luck in any case!

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • November 11, 2012 08:41
added
prices
info pages
reviews

elizabeth,

Every physical stamp club has an exchange evening, stamp exchange is as old as the hobby itself, which is why new users regularly expect that it is also possible here and look for Catawiki's exchange department.

There are also many competitors of Catawiki on the internet where you cannot sell stamps, but only exchange them, among other things

[advertisement removed by moderator]

and

[advertisement removed by moderator]

Show original message
  • 35 messages
  • November 11, 2012 09:21

Dear people, thank you for your kind answer, in the meantime I've looked around the forum and have now realized that this forum is actually just an auxiliary part of the sales site, I work a lot with Ebay, they also have such a forum.

In my opinion it is not a fanciers forum, so this was in fact a rookie mistake on my part asking this on this forum, I saw this as a kind of enthusiasts club but I think I was wrong.

I am no longer in a club, the last club I was in has gone bankrupt, in fact it is not that interesting, the stamp offer is very limited, especially when it comes to birds. There is a lot of interest in this and these stamps are usually first sold or exchanged. Exchange never happened in that club, by the way,

Kind regards

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • November 11, 2012 10:08
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Will9,

With your conclusion that this forum is not an enthusiasts forum, I do not agree , if you read the forum carefully, it is gross about stamps themselves and how they are organized in a catalog, that there are also people who are not passionate collectors but traders is a 2nd.

And that in the forum the collectors, the administrators and the traders are each other's '' enemies '' is because they all have different interests, that the 'enthusiasts' have become less dominant / important over time is a choice of Catwiki

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • November 11, 2012 10:49
added
prices
reviews

Unfortunately Sinbad, if the latter is indeed the case, the traders are floating on what the enthusiasts have brought, introduced, improved, etc. See the traders this one, two, three not dioen.

Unfortunately they also get a privileged position and perhaps also financial benefits.

Catawiki is working on this. Consider, for example, offers above E. 75.00 (must be provided with an image). Which makes it more difficult to offer items that are not available.

I do think that both parties should be equated, but if that happens the traders will drop out, I think.

Ah the potential buyer will see through it. (think of pricing and images of the item to be sold)

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,917 messages
  • November 11, 2012 11:37
added
prices
reviews
@Sinbad, I am not an enemy (management) of collectors or sellers, the only thing I dislike is poor incomplete input and if you want to make money from that too! And otherwise often placed by enthusiasts! That 75 is still too high 25 would be better and from January 1 automatically remove the shops above that amount without own picture item! Assume that this is going to happen see introduction of the 75 euros! I am very curious but fear that it will not take place. In addition, I do have the feeling that the collector is slowly but surely at the bottom of the ranking! And that is very unfortunate. Despite that, Rene claimed the tile part a while back. The feeling also arises in me that the involvement of the owners is diminishing.
Show original message
  • 326 messages
  • November 11, 2012 13:22
added
prices
reviews

@will9

the people at Catawiki are also stamp enthusiasts, but exchanging is indeed not often done. it is much more in the direction of hobby than e-bay. after all, you can also keep track of your collection here and even more.

@sindbad

It is not surprising that people think about trading here, because as Will writes, it is physical clubs backwards.

There will also be quite a bit of exchanges 'behind the scenes' of Catawiki. nothing wrong with that, right?

Show original message
  • 35 messages
  • November 11, 2012 13:50

I believe most feel the same way as I do,

Ebay is a 100% selling site, this is a big money deal if you know how much commission you pay here, I have never compared Ebay to a collectors forum, just said that it is a sales forum for everything to do with buying and selling.

There are indeed some topics of collectors, but usually it is also about buying and selling and problems with this But this money in fact also for a stamp club, in recent years more emphasis has been placed on buying and selling, I have been to 3 clubs and never knew that they were trading there, only selling, but for reasonable prices and I think that me back here too, the prices are very good and looking for stamps is also a kind of hobby, I can spend hours on this site and find a lot of stamps for little money, and that is already a huge advantage, now still figuring out how the hell I can connect with salespeople to ask questions llen, or to ask if they have that or that stamp, then this site is good enough for me in the end,

Communication is the most important thing in a sale, here it is apparently forgot,

greetings Will

Willy

Show original message
  • 224 messages
  • November 13, 2012 13:32
added

Take a look at my little shop "martins shop", which contains stamps from 65 different countries. Let us know which one you can use.

Show original message
  • 35 messages
  • November 14, 2012 11:02

In the meantime I have found out how to contact me, so it is no longer a problem.

Sellers should realize that without collectors there are no more sales.

Everything revolves around collectors, The catalog is only made for collectors, without collectors the stamps no longer have any value and MNH only what is on the stamp.

Believe that this is the case with every collection, if I exchange stamps for other stamps , say the catalog value price, in this case the price doesn't matter because you trade,

Even if you trade with professional sellers, these people still make the same profit, or more because the stamps more difficult to find, the advantage is that they may touch stamps that are not sold now because they cannot be found.

So a good thing for the sellers and for the collectors, so more stamps come into circulation that cannot be found on Catawiki now, just a little while longer and I will be here temporarily, I hope, bought out bi j lack of stamps that I don't have yet, then I have to go back to sites like Ebay where they have a much larger, but much more expensive offer.

I also don't know why buyers and sellers do not have the same rights , this is a very wrong setup. The buyers should normally have more rights and protection than the sellers. It is the sellers who prepare and send an order, they can do this however they want.

Have this week received 2 shipments with stamps too short, if this concerns stamps up to 1 or 2 Euro, I will not say anything and give positive feedback, but these shops will be on a list of never buying there again, a seller must know what he sends, especially if these are only 3 or 4 series, this is not that difficult I thought;

I say this because you are always at the mercy of the seller's goodwill, without any protection for the buyer, this is asking for trouble.

Exchange, on the other hand, is much safer if it is on the c done correctly, it's not just about money,

greetings Willy

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • November 14, 2012 20:41
added
prices
reviews

You're absolutely right, Willie.

Keep it up.

Oh yeah. No buyers without sellers and exchanging is crying.

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • November 14, 2012 20:41
added
prices
reviews

You're absolutely right, Willie.

Keep it up.

Oh yeah. No buyers without sellers and exchanging is crying.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • November 14, 2012 23:24
added
prices
reviews

You are absolutely right Willie, keep it up, you will learn how CW works as you go.

Show original message
  • 18 messages
  • May 02, 2013 22:57
May 02, 2013 22:57

good evening, I also only want to collect and exchange stamps

, as will9 says sellers sometimes dare to ask the stamp more

that it is worth it. and then some of the stamps you wanted to buy don't get

and stuff,

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • May 17, 2014 14:46
added
prices
reviews

Revived the topic exchange.

See topic below

http://forum.catawiki.nl/forums/35-suggesties-voor-de-site/topics/15647-postzegels-ruilen-op-catawiki

Exchanging only becomes fun if you can also make the search list visible.

Please note: You must be able to indicate that you do not i

Updated this thread about making search list visible again

http://forum.catawiki.nl/forums/35-suggesties-voor-de-site/topics/4027-zoeklijst-zichtbaar-maken

Miris

Show original message
  • 1,276 messages
  • May 18, 2014 15:34
added
prices
info pages

will9

Received 2 shipments this week with stamps too short, if this concerns stamps up to 1 or 2 Euro, I will say nothing and give positive feedback, but these shops will then be on a list of never buying there again, a seller should to know what he sends, especially if these are only 3 or 4 series, this is not that difficult I thought;

It's a pity that you don't use feedback properly. In this way, the seller continues to have free rein. If a correct delivery has not taken place, this must first be reported to the seller. He must be able to correct his mistake. If not, negative feedback must be given. This protects other people from less honest people. Catawiki also benefits from this. Misconduct must be avoided.

Best regards

Micho Rooseboom, a collector

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • May 24, 2014 10:41
May 24, 2014 10:41

@ gwenlemmens

Some sellers ask more if the stamp is worth it.

If the stamp has a perfect cancellation, I think the stamp is more

is worth.

@MICHO

fully agree that the seller also gets a chance to recover but knows

also that some buyers are never satisfied.

MVG Danny

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • May 24, 2014 10:54
May 24, 2014 10:54

ps: how do you solve this by exchanging for catalog value

Belgian large orval due to its rarity has a sales value between 20 to 30%

of the catalog most other stamps only 15a 20%.

Surely you cannot expect this this will simply be exchanged for catalog value.

Selling stamps is in fact EXCHANGING stamps for money.

That is the first thing I was told when I went to swap fairs to complete my collection.

mvg Danny

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • May 24, 2014 11:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

jenniferjoyceja,

selling stamps is actually exchanging stamps for money .

This is a theory, not a fact, very black and white money is of course an itself a means of exchange (in the past), you can also look at exchange differently, you can say I have something about what you don't have and want and you have something about what I don't have and want let's make each other happy, money used to be made of silver or gold that was compact, rare and never spoiled ideal for transport over great distances, due to its imperishability and small size ideal for storage (to hoard), nowadays it is money just a printed piece of paper that we have agreed is worth as many Cows / Liters of petrol / Pizzas but pure as a fact the piece of paper with 50 euros printed on it is worth just as much as the paper you wipe your bibs with so the theory is actually too simple and strictly speaking not (anymore) true, I am also sure that this was made to you by someone who did not want to trade but wanted to sell his surplus to you for hard punica :)

And exchange for exchange actually has nothing to do with catalog value or money, what do you want for something you no longer want and what is someone else willing to do for it.

I trade a lot and never have a catalog involved. If I want to exchange my 4 double Parrots from Uruguay for a fire brigade series from Russia I will not look in a catalog which is a dime more expensive, I avoid exchangers who exchange with a catalog in hand, the last thing I feel like during a fun day sliding stamps with fellow hobbyists is posturing about virtual dimes, incidentally, just as much hate as a fun night out and Chinese food with a group of people and then one of those knakenfucker who will calculate who gets another euro at the end.

You work for money and you have a hobby for fun (and that may / can cost money)

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • May 28, 2014 19:46
May 28, 2014 19:46

Take a look in my shop. if you don't have one yet, we can also exchange instead of selling ...

greetings!

Show original message
  • 62 messages
  • September 11, 2015 00:45
added

If anyone is interested in exchanging stamps, then I am your husband.

I collect Belgium. Netherlands and Luxembourg MNH !!! I don't have a trading list because I min. 90% of my Belgian stamps postfrist can be exchanged.

Everything I don't have from those 3 countries can be testified against my doubles, and believe ... those doubles are out of my mind, so much and MNH. Each proposal is available

Show original message
  • 3,991 messages
  • November 03, 2020 17:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Would like to know what can be found in that new life from the message 2014-05-17 14:46:13 , but the link is dead ... Hopefully only the link :)

Show original message
23of 23