13of 13
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,344 messages
  • September 08, 2020 23:17
prices
info pages
reviews
Do we agree that Beer Glass / Beer Jar = Beer Glass / Beer Mug = Mug / Beer Mug? If so, something can be done automatically here, I will do the rest manually. By the way, is the definition of glasses based on the drink or on the shape, in other words do advertising glasses belong under Beer glass (or under Various advertising)? You can extend the same line later for other drinks.
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • September 09, 2020 10:43
added
prices
reviews

You can still drink from an advertising beer glass, compare advertising comic book is also listed under comics

Show original message
  • 1,344 messages
  • September 09, 2020 13:39
prices
info pages
reviews
Maybe I didn't express myself properly. The glasses of course remain under the heading Glass and crystal. But is the definition of Beer Glass that it has a beer brand on it? And do Bommel and De smurfs belong under a new object / type of Publicity glass / Advertising glass? Now everything is just mixed up.
Show original message
  • 2,406 messages
  • September 09, 2020 13:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The definition is what one drinks from it.

ps, I can already feel it coming.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • September 09, 2020 14:15
added
prices
info pages

I prefer to drink cola from a Hoegaarden glass, but that of course remains a beer glass.

The shape generally determines what kind of drink it is intended for. (Nobody drinks beer from a gin glass.) But the reference to the drink is only suitable for a first global classification, further refinement is necessary based on the model .

Wikipedia mentions under Bierglas, for example, the standard stack glass, beer mug , burke, goblet, squire, chalice, coachman's glass, ripple, whistle, stiefel, tulip glass, vase, joffer, prince, straight and foot glass. I believe most are already under Models , but a good definition could be added may be.

Beer jar and Beer stein seem the same to me, when I view this definition . With the exception of the Heineken pitcher that is there (because that is not even a beer glass but a pitcher).

I once worried about such a layout for lemonade glasses, but in the end that was too much work for me.

Any printing of a glass with brand, advertising or decoration is more suitable for the Theme field.

Show original message
  • 2,406 messages
  • September 09, 2020 16:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I prefer to drink cola from a Hoegaarden glass, but that of course remains a beer glass.

We have a winner ;-)

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • September 09, 2020 16:58
added
prices
info pages
reviews

There is an umbrella description: Drinking glass. Then you can subdivide it into Type (missing field at glass and crystal) eg: Beer glass, wine glass, lemonade glass etc. Followed by model: mug, vase, whistle… (beer) chalice, flute, rummer… (wine). Also a field Advertising / Theme

Then looks like this

Object: Drinking glass

Type: Beer glass

Model: Whistle

Advertising / Theme: Heineken

So please wait until we can add extra fields.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • September 09, 2020 17:19
added
prices
info pages

It would be nice if it could be programmed in such a way that, when entering a Drinking glass, you could only choose between the types and models of drinking glasses under Type and Model. Because there are a lot of terms in those areas that have nothing to do with glasses.

And a link should be possible between eg glasses Beer mugs and earthenware Beer mugs .

Show original message
  • 1,344 messages
  • September 09, 2020 18:32
prices
info pages
reviews
I would like to take up the challenge of the cleanup, but after approval from the administrators (possibly via pb instead of forum). I have already changed dozens but I want to know if I am not doing anything wrong. However, we don't have to wait: if we assume that the overarching Object Drinking Glass is missing and that Type is now Object, an IT person will solve that. Ps: I have already seen the Heineken jug, but Schenkkan does not exist and Water jug is not allowed because it is not water? So appointments. All respect for the voluntary work of everyone, but I have already looked around in a few sections and whenever I find a clean-up project, this cannot be done without administrators and we continue to wait.
Show original message
  • 2,406 messages
  • September 09, 2020 18:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You must have noticed that there is only 1 sub-manager. So you have to consult with the super administrators.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • September 09, 2020 19:03
added
prices
info pages

Maybe Carafe ? No, then Water jug (Pitcher, Ewer) is better for now. As long as there is only one of them, it doesn't matter much.

Show original message
  • 1,344 messages
  • September 12, 2020 19:49
prices
info pages
reviews
Can an administrator provide instructions for the following: - Manufacturer: for vases and figures this is the factory where it is made, does this mean for beer glasses and lemonade glasses that this must be (almost) empty and that the drink brand / brewery belongs under series or other field (if not, if I have it exceptionally I still know I can not specify 2 manufacturers) - What is the difference in definition between Lemonade Glass and Long Drink Glass? Based on shape, most cola glasses have to go to Long drink glass, based on drink then again to Lemonade glass. And what about a long drink glass not of a drink (eg Gaston Flater)? Now it is a bit mixed up and that is confusing. Just combine all Long Drink Glass with Lemonade Glass and then you probably don't like the Long Drink Glass model? - Model Lemonade Glass: I have already removed some wrong things and would now slowly clean up. Do you give instructions or can I come up with something myself? Eg Low, Medium, High, Long drink, Straight, ...
Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • September 14, 2020 20:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

My advice is; wait until we have a little more insight into expanding the rubric fields. Work you do now may have been useless in the future because we will organize it differently.

In addition to the Manufacturer field, a Brand field can then also be added. And also, as mentioned earlier, a field Type.

Show original message
13of 13